Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Victory DADT No More - Gay Soldiers Come Out

Courtesy of Google Images
What's Sup, Guys and Gals?  I wanted to update you all and tell you that I will be writing more posts more often.  Sorry for lack of posting but been extremely busy.  I'm going to make this blog a priority.  If anybody wanted to contribute to this blog we're looking for more bloggers.  Send me an e-mail at GayDudeUSA@gmail.com.  Blogging helps a lot and you are able to write whatever you want about your sexual orientation, whether your bisexual, gay or even curious.

If you haven't heard, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (DADT) is no more.  That means that if your LGBT (Gay, Bi, Lesbian or Transgenered), you can serve in the United States Military openly finally.  Huge victory for all those service members serving across the world who service to protect us!  I can't even amagine how soldiers held it in while serving and not being allowed to share their stories to other soldiers.  I'm going to share this youtube video that was well put together from a gay soldier serving our great country:
Way to go man!  Proud of you and thank you for serving our nation!  Seeing that makes me at least feel proud to be a gay American.  If I wanted to now I could serve in military and not be kicked out because I'm gay.  I never planned on military but now other bi and gay guys will have that opportunity.  Let's not kick out hard working service members just because of their sexual orientation.  That's why I'm proud of these guys who have to courage to go on youtube and come out.  Here's a youtube video of Randy Phillips who came out to his dad over the phone while serving:
Proud of you too man!  It takes guts to come out like that over youtube for the nation to see.  Exciting moment.  I hope you don't ever have to worry about being kicked out of military for being gay.  Big relief. 

With DADT gone, maybe more gay service members will sign up for military without being kicked out.  It's unbelieveable how many people are shocked when they see a masculine guy come out of closet.  It doesn't mean you have to be feminine to be gay.  Just be youself!  That's what I got out of these youtube videos.

Please comment below and if you are in the military we'd like to hear you stories.  Thanks for reading and stay tuned for another post soon!

-GDNY